Come honor the maritime history of Fell’s Point and the patriotic privateer fleet and celebrate the 'pirate' fantasy of sailing lore.
A weekend full of family-friendly activities from Thames Street Park and
Ann Street Pier to Broadway Square, Broadway Pier! Entry is FREE!
Full Schedule Available Below
Saturday April 20th 10am-7pm & Sunday April 21st 10am-6pm
Free live entertainment by:
The Brigands - Performing Sea Shanties and tunes, from the Golden Age of Piracy and beyond.
The Pyrates Royale - Combines traditional English and maritime music with a liberal dash of humor.
Valhalla's Pirates - Historical and theatrical live combat entertainment celebrating the Golden Age of Piracy.
Captain Thomas Flint - live music for buccaneers of all ages.
Master of Ceremonies Commodore Black Fox of The Pyrates Way Magazine.
Character Impersonator "Captain Jack Sparrow"
Visit organizations from across the Maryland region offering
a glimpse into the history of the War of 1812
on the Broadway Pier.
Displays and Presentations by:
- Baltimore National Heritage Area
- Fort McHenry National Monument
- Maryland Historical Society
- The American Flag Foundation
- North Point Dundalk Historical Society
- Star Spangled 200
Flag and Cannon Demonstrations throughout the weekend. Historical Puppet Shows and Fife and Drum performances.
*Tall Ships will be on display and available for tours including the Privateer circa vessel Pride of Baltimore II.
The Pride of Baltimore II sailings available Saturday and Sunday at 10am and 4pm. Tickets are available at www.pride2.org.
Dockside tours available 1pm - 3pm.
5-6pm - Battle At Sea - Watch from the water's edge as cannons blast between schooners on the water and land Privateers.
*Have your 1812 Bicentennial Passport stamped or pick up your free passport from the Baltimore National Heritage Area and start your journey of historical sites.
Fun for all ages, the Children's Entertainment and Activities Pier on Ann Street Saturday and Sunday will feature:
- Free Pirate Crafts
- Urban Pirates Treasure Hunt
- 'Pirate Island' Bounce House
- FREE Magic Shows by Whitebeard the Conjuror
- FREE Pirate Story Times by Urban Pirates
*Urban Pirates Family Adventure Cruises at 9:30am, 11am,
12:30pm, 2:30pm, and 4pm. Purchase your tickets at www.urbanpirates.com
* Airbrush Tattoo and Gem Mining Vendors
* Caricature Artist
Stroll the Craft Market and stop off for some grog and grub!
- Craft Vendors including handmade jewelry, clothing, custom t-shirts, wood and leather items, children's books and toys, pet products, edible gifts, and nautical/ piratical gifts including flags, chests, and quilts.
- Food Vendors including Maryland Crab Cakes, Pit Beef, Turkey Legs, Hamburgers, Italian Ice, Seafood Pitas, Cheese Steaks, Italian Sausage, Funnel Cakes, Corn Dogs, Tacos, Drinks and other tasty items.
- Grog Garden featuring Heavy Seas Drafts. Grog garden will be by the Main Stage on Broadway Square. Security provided by The Wharf Rat. Grog servers provided by and a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Tyanna Breast Cancer Foundation .
Historical Encampment in Thames Street Park by Ye Pirate Brotherhood
Bringing the Golden Age of Piracy to life using historical and educational demonstrations including Black Powder and age-old artifacts in their historical encampment.
Privateer Festival is a NO WEAPONS EVENT. No weapons, theatrical or real, will be allowed. Please do not bring any weapons to this event as Baltimore City Police will be enforcing the city's strict weapons laws.
Other Treasured Parts of Privateer Festival:
Plan your pet's garb and bring them to the Main stage on the Broadway Square at 12:30pm on Saturday April 20th. Fill out an registration form and you will be given instructions about your time on stage with you pet. Only pirate/ nautical/ sea creature related costumes will be accepted. Judges will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners based on creativity, cuteness, and costume.
Copyright 2012 Fell's Point Main Street, Inc.