Fell's Point Main Street operates using the highly successful Baltimore Main Streets model. This approach, which is tailored to meet local needs and opportunities, focuses the work of local staff and volunteers in four key areas.
* Organization: Building consensus and cooperation among public and private groups and individuals, and identifying sources of funding for revitalization activities;
* Design: Enhancing the physical appearance of Fell's Point through building rehabilitation, compatible new construction, public improvements, and design management systems;
* Promotion: Marketing Fell's Point's commercial district through advertising and promoting events to attract customers, potential investors, new businesses, residents, and visitors;
* Events: Developing, planning, and executing events in Fell's Point to attract customers, potential investors, new businesses, residents, and visitors;
* Economic Restructuring: Strengthening Fell's Point's economic base and creating new opportunities through careful analysis and appropriate mixed-use development.
Within this framework, we have some very effective projects in which we are currently engaged. Our Façade Improvement Grant (FIG) program provides matching funds to help businesses improve the look of the façade of commercial property in Fell's Point. Our pedestrian Wayfinding signage with about 40 signs throughout Fell's Point, from Thames Street to Gough Street and from South Caroline Street to South Washington Street, is now completed. And let's not forget our annual Beautification Program which brightens Fell's Point with an array of flowers and vines in 80 hanging baskets andin the planters on Broadway Square and Thames Street Park. And there is more to come.